A. Registration & Course Transfer
Elpis Academy courses are taught over terms of four weeks.
- Classes are assigned on the basis of first come, first served. Many of our classes are in high demand; therefore, students who register first will be given priority over others.
- A student is considered to be registered once Elpis Academy receives full remittance of one term’s tuition plus the corresponding fee for materials.
- A transfer between courses may be allowed only within the first week of a new course.
- Elpis Academy reserves the right to cancel any course listed on the schedule if the number of students in a given course does not meet the minimum requirement. Furthermore, we reserve the right to alter class schedule, teacher, and/or materials within the first week in order to best suit the needs of the course. A refund or credit will be offered to those whose classes are cancelled.
B. Late Payments
Please ensure that full payment is made prior to the beginning of the first class or tutorial.
- Late payments are subject to an additional $10 per class and $5 per hour in the case of individual tutoring.
While students who have not fully paid for a course/tutorial are welcome to wait in the reception area until their parents arrive, unfortunately, we cannot provide them with class materials.
C. Make-up Classes
Make-up classes are only offered if:
- A substitute teacher is not available to take over the class, OR
- Elpis Academy is closed due to inclement weather
Elpis Academy will always give you advanced notice by phone or e-mail when classes are cancelled and need to be made up. Make-up classes are generally not offered for reasons outside of the above.
D. Early Registration & Tuition Discounts
Elpis Academy is pleased to offer tuition discounts for those who register early or who register for multiple courses. Please read the following to see if you qualify:
- Students who register in Elpis Academy courses during the Early Registration Period (ERP) will receive a 5% discount on their total tuition. The ERP includes any day prior to one week before the start of a new term.
- Students who register for three or more courses will be given a 5% tuition discount.
- Students of the same family who register for four or more courses will receive a 5% tuition discount.
The discount for multiple courses and for registering during the ERP are combinable. Please ask us for more details.
Assessment fees vary depending on the grade level and subject that is being assessed. In general, fees cost between $50 and $100. A receipt will be given to show that the assessment fee has been paid. If the student registers for a class within 30 days of the assessment, an amount equivalent to the fee will be deducted from the tuition fee provided the receipt is returned.
F. Private Tutoring, Online Essay Editing, & Application-Form Assistance
One-on-one tutorials and essay editing are available for certain subjects. These must be requested at least 48 hours beforehand in order to give us ample time to assign a teacher. We also offer guidance in filling out application/admission forms for various needs. These are charged on a case-to-case basis. Please take note:
- Fees must be fully paid prior to the first class of private tutorials and prior to work being done on essays and applications. Essays and applications will not be returned unless payment has been remitted in full.
- Refunds and make-up classes are not given if a class is missed due to student/parental negligence.
- Changes in class time for private tutorials must be made at least 48 hours in advance and is subject to teacher availability.
- Only one change of class time is permitted per term.
- Essays are able to be edited with less than 48-hours notice; however, the fee charged will be double the original amount.
G. Refunds & Credits
There are no refunds or credits on fees paid except if:
- A family moves to a location that makes it difficult for the student to attend Elpis Academy (pro-rated refund will be given);
- The student withdraws at least one week prior to the first class (full refund is given);
- The student withdraws within one week of the first class and without having attended any classes or the student withdraws within one week of the first class and does not want to continue (Elpis Academy will offer you a full refund minus administrative costs equivalent to the greater of the cost of one class or 10% of the regular fee);
- Elpis Academy has requested that the student be withdrawn (pro-rate refund is given);
- The student is plagued with a prolonged illness (credit towards future classes is given).
Missed classes are not refundable unless extenuating circumstances prevail. Please speak to the principal if your child will be away for more than two weeks.
H. Student Responsibilities
All students must adhere to the following:
- Be on time for all classes!
- Be prepared for classes by bringing pens/pencils/calculators/paper, etc.!
- Bring completed homework!
- Be attentive and ready to work during class!
- Respect fellow students and teachers!
Fees include payment for materials given to students. Should a student forget or lose materials, a re-copying or re-printing fee may apply.
I. Parent Responsibilities
Parents, in order to ensure that your child receives the best results, please do the following:
- Ensure that your child understands his/her homework and has it completed prior to the start of the next class.
- Make sure that your child arrives at Elpis Academy on time.
- Direct any questions, comments, or concerns to the principal/director.
- NSF cheques are subject to a $40 fee.
- Elpis Academy, under Elpis Global Education, Inc., reserves the right to use students’ achievements, photographs, and/or names for publicity purposes. If you object to the use of your child’s photo or name, please notify us when registering.